Re: Corvids & West Nile

  • OrCoRBA
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2005
      Looking at Corvid populations on the Christmas Count is one possible "pulse"
      as to the populations in California. However, this last count might be
      skewed by the findings in south Orange County. One of our teams stopped by
      Saddleback Community College around Dusk, and found an active roost of
      American Crows. They counted/estimated over 12,000 in that one area. There
      could even have been more.

      I also have received inquiries (at least two that I recall) this winter on
      the RBA from people worried at the large number of crows in south Orange
      County.

      Joel Weintraub