N. HAWKOWL continues in Des. Co., OR

  • Steve Shunk
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2005
      Greetings Pacific States birders,
      I know that many of you have made the trip to Central Oregon over the last
      few weeks to see this gorgeous bird. I want to ask your help once more in
      gathering some anecdotal economics data. If you have visited to see the
      Hawk-Owl, I would appreciate it if you could e-mail me the following:

      -Date of visit
      -Miles traveled (one-way)
      -Place of origin for this trip
      -Number in your group
      -Approx. total $$ spent on the journey, RT from point of origin

      Thanks to all those of you who already have sent this information. We
      appreciate your help in making the case for birding economics. I also
      appreciate the CALBIRDS and TWEETERS list owners for allowing me to poach
      with this request.
      Steve Shunk

      P.S. If you have not been to see the bird, it's still around. Contact Diane
      Kook below for directions or other details. See a photo here:
      http://www.paradisebirding.com
      --
      Stephen Shunk
      Community Solutions

      * Rural Community Development
      * Nature-based Tourism
      * Wildlife Conservation

      541-549-8826 (home)
      541-408-1753 (cell)
      541-549-8937 (fax)

      VISIT THE OREGON CASCADES BIRDING TRAIL
      http://www.oregonbirdingtrails.org/

      --
      ----------
      From: Doiseau@...
      Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 18:15:53 EST
      To: obol@..., cobol@...
      Subject: [COBOL] 3/3/05 N. HAWKOWL continues in Des. Co.

      Birders,

      The N. HAWKOWL continues to be seen in Des. Co. just S.E. of Bend. The owl
      was sitting high in the middle of the burned juniper forest this early
      morning. This afternoon it was more difficult to find in the N.E. corner of
      the burned forest by some live juniper trees.

      As always, please remember this area is in a residential neighborhood, and
      it is important to stick to the road for viewing. The owl can be easily
      seen with scopes or binoculars if and when the bird flys closer to the road.

      If you need directions, just email me and I'll be happy to forward them to
      you.

      Happy birding!
      Diane Kook
      doiseau@...