Photos "Kumlein's Iceland Gull", Harris's Sparrow, etc.

  • Les Chibana
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2005
      Birders,

      Apologies for the crossposting. I have put up pages on my website with
      new photos of possible interest to all these lists.

      The "Kumlein's Iceland Gull" in Milpitas, Santa Clara Co. - in case it
      has departed and you want another look. I don't (can't) draw any
      conclusions about this bird because I don't have any experience with
      this form. My photos are essentially similar to Alvaro's on his website
      (linked from my page), but maybe I caught something more.

      Harris's Sparrow at San Joaquin River NWR in Stanislaus Co. Neat bird!

      Cassin's Kingbird in Panoche Valley near the Panoche Inn, San Benito Co.

      And some oddities:

      A curve-billed starling - a photo from Lou Beaudet, from somewhere in
      the South Bay, a few years back.

      A curly-billed jay - a photo from Terry Coddington from Berkeley

      One of the albinistic Red-tailed Hawks at Turlock Lake, Stanislaus Co.
      By the way, on 2/20/05, I did get a glimpse of the individual that's
      been in the Pacheco Pass area, oft reported by Lisa Myers.

      A leucistic Downy Woodpecker at Turlock Lake Campground, Stanislaus Co.

      These are all linked from my home page right now. You can also go to my
      photo index page to get to links for these and other birds.
      <http://www.birdnutz.com/>

      Enjoy!

      Les
      ---
      Les Chibana
      BirdNUTZ(tm) - Ornigasmic Birding
      Palo Alto Baylands Birding Classes - NOW REGISTERING
      em <les@...>
      web <http://www.birdnutz.com>
      ph 650-949-4335
      fx 650-949-4137
      snailmail: SR2 Box 335, La Honda CA 94020