April Long Range Pelagic

  • Don DesJardin
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2005
      As a result of ABA's Birding article "Going Out Deep in Southern
      California" and a piece in the LA Time about the trip, we have
      experienced a good bump in sign ups for our April multi-day deep water
      pelagic trip aboard the 95'Searcher based in San Diego. We still have
      some open spaces available for those who would like to be part of, not
      only a memorable pelagic birding experience, but a total marine
      experience as well. Trip dates are, depart San Diego at noon April
      13th, and return to San Diego early morning April 17th. The cost is
      $750, which includes all food and beverages. Clean sheets, hot
      showers, three great meals a day with unlimited snacks in between,
      real china at mealtime, wine in the evening, this is not a sparse
      voyage. Visit http://bajawhale.com/birdingtrips.html for additional
      information, previous trip species lists, trip maps, and passenger
      comments. You can also contact me directly if you have any questions.
      Besides our scheduled September 2005 trip, this will be the only
      spring trip for 2005. The leaders will be Don DesJardin (chummer/tail
      gunner), Walter Wehtje, and Phil Unit of the San Diego Natural History
      Museum, and the entire trip will be within in the ABA count area.

      Contact & Reservation Information:

      Searcher Natural History Tours
      2838 Garrison Street
      San Diego, California 92106 USA
      Phone: (619) 226-2403
      Fax: (619) 226-1332
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3 6:27 PM
        "Going Out Deep in Southern California" is now a reality, and has been
        for the last two years aboard the 95' Searcher, based in San Diego.
        There are still a few spaces available for our April 2005 multi-day
        deep water pelagic trip. This is not only a memorable pelagic birding
        adventure, but a total marine experience as well. Trip dates are,
        depart San Diego at noon April 13th, and return to San Diego early
        morning April 17th. The cost is $750, which includes all food and
        beverages. Clean sheets, hot showers, three great meals a day with
        unlimited snacks in between, real china at mealtime, wine in the
        evening, this is not a sparse voyage. Visit
        http://bajawhale.com/birdingtrips.html for additional information,
        previous trip species lists, trip maps, and passenger comments. You
        can also contact me directly if you have any questions. Besides our
        scheduled September 2005 trip, this will be the only spring trip for
        2005. The leaders will be Todd McGrath, Walter Wehtje, and Phil Unit