RE: Kumlien's Iceland Gull (Hidden Lake Park, Milpitas, Santa Clara County)

  • Feighner, Mike
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2005
      Birders:

      The "second-year bird showing features consistent with a Kumlien's
      (Iceland) Gull" reported by Al Jaramillo yesterday, 22 February 2005.

      I arrived at about 8:30 AM. Randy and Janet Little of Milpitas and
      Jennifer Rycenga were looking at the bird. It was standing on the far
      end of the pier. It does seem to have an injured left foot.

      Directions:

      In Milpitas from I-680:

      Head west on Calaveras Blvd. Turn right (north) on Milpitas Blvd. You
      will see the park on the left. You will have to make a U-turn at the
      on the right with the sign Hidden Lake Park.

      In Milpitas from I-880:

      Head east on Calaveras Blvd. Turn left (north) on N. Abel St Turn
      right on Milpitas Blvd., and park in the small lot with the sign Hidden
      Lake Park on the right just past Tramway Dr.

      --Mike Feighner, Livermore, CA, Alameda County
      --works in Sunnyvale, CA, Santa Clara County