Slaty-backed Gull/Lesser-black Gull

  • todtringa
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2005
      Gullaphites, Friday--2/11/2005

      Today at Venice Beach I relocated the Third year Slaty-backed Gull
      (10:20) and a first year Lesser-black Backed Gull (10:30). I was
      able to photograph the Slaty-backed but dipped on the Lesser-black.
      They were both found on the beach side of the creek. They were
      Northwest of the parking lot near the widest part of the creek
      (small lagoon). They were both right near the ocean proper, not the
      creek.

      There were thousands upon thousands of gulls on the beach I will
      upload a couple of photos to the gull section as soon as I post this
      message.

      Todd Easterla