Red-Necked Grebe and Sora in Yolo County

  • Jon Katz
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2005
      Tuesday I was at the waterski-catfish ponds north of Davis where the Red-Necked Grebe was actively fishing and preening on the south side of the eastern pond, then it paddled to the north/near side of the pond where I had a fantastic view despite the bright lighting. While the Grebe was at the near edge of the pond a Sora flew from the cattails on the island to the cattails on the north/near edge and foraged in full view at the water's edge for nearly a half-hour.

      I apologize for the late posting but I had to first sign up for the list, so greetings to all.

      Jon Katz
      Davis