Who is Banding Mountain Plovers?

  • Beverly Brock
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2005
      Hello All--
      Feb. 9 a group of us from Fresno Audubon found part of the mountain plover flock that has been seen reliably recently in Panoche Valley, and were able to see that one of the birds had a color band on its right leg. I've reported the band on the Patuxent website, but understand that banders also appreciate direct reports. Can anyone tell me who is banding mountain plovers and how to contact them? Thanks!

      Bev Brock
      bevbrock@...
      Sanger, Fresno County, CA

    • Les Chibana
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 10, 2005
        Beverly,

        If you reported it to Patuxent, Mary Gustafson will forward to the
        banders and perhaps let you know who they are.

        Les
        ---
        Les Chibana
        BirdNUTZ(tm) - Ornigasmic Birding
        Palo Alto Baylands Birding Classes
        em <les@...>
        web <http://www.birdnutz.com>
        ph 650-949-4335
        fx 650-949-4137
        snailmail: SR2 Box 335, La Honda CA 94020