SF Visit

  • Malcolm
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9, 2005
      Hi all,

      I'm going to be making my second ever visit to San Francisco / Redwood Shores from the UK in a couple of weeks time and was wondering what I should be looking out for and where at this time of year. Please bear in mind I will be relying on public transport for any visits and I'm not necessarilly after US rarities - an ordinary Brewers Blackbird will be relatively new to me whereas Wigeons and Tufted Ducks I can see any time I want over here.

      So far I'm considering Shoreline at Mountain View towards the south of the Bay, Fort Funston / Lake Merced, the Cliff House area and Golden Gate park as being likely spots, based mostly on the SF specialities page at towhee.net. Are these reasonable targets or should I be considering others.

      Malcolm Wright
      Coventry, UK.
    • Luke Cole
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 9, 2005
        Malcolm & Calbirders:

        The San Francisco Field Ornithologists website -- www.sffo.org -- has
        good info on where to bird in the City of San Francisco.

        Luke

        Luke Cole

        Director
        Center on Race, Poverty & the Environment
        450 Geary Street, Suite 500
        San Francisco, CA 94102
        415-346-4179 x2 + fax 415-346-8723
        luke@...

        I'm going to be making my second ever visit to San Francisco / Redwood
        Shores from the UK in a couple of weeks time and was wondering what I
        should be looking out for and where at this time of year. Please bear in
        mind I will be relying on public transport for any visits and I'm not
        necessarilly after US rarities - an ordinary Brewers Blackbird will be
        relatively new to me whereas Wigeons and Tufted Ducks I can see any time
        I want over here.

        So far I'm considering Shoreline at Mountain View towards the south of
        the Bay, Fort Funston / Lake Merced, the Cliff House area and Golden
        Gate park as being likely spots, based mostly on the SF specialities
        page at towhee.net. Are these reasonable targets or should I be
        considering others.

        Malcolm Wright
        Coventry, UK.

        Membership and set your mail option to No Email. Or, send a blank email
        to these addresses: Turn off email delivery:
        mailto:CALBIRDS-nomail@yahoogroups.com

        Yahoo! Groups Links