Lassen County gyrfalcon

  • fagrhall
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2005
      I observed the same (likely) bird as previously reported by Brad
      Stovall at about 10:30 AM, Monday, February 7 approximately 2.5 miles
      northeast of Brad's reported location. This bird (one impressive dark
      above/light below, large falcon)was between the 2 most distant
      parking lots on the Fleming Unit of Honey Lake Wildlife Area and flew
      towards where Brad saw it a few hours later.

      However, a 2 hour search this morning by myself and another birder at
      the same two Monday locations did not turn up the bird. If it is
      observed again, it will be reported at Calbirds.

      Visitors to the Dakin and/or Fleming Units of Honey Lake Wildlife
      Area are asked to please fill out a visitor report card before
      entering the area(s).

      Frank Hall
      Associate Wildlife Biologist
      California Depat. of Fish and Game