Gyrfalcon

  • bkalpa2
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2005
      A first Lassen County record of Gyrfalcon was seen today. It is a
      gray phase bird. It was located on Mapes Road 1/2 mile east of the
      entrance to the Dakin Unit of the Honey Lake Wildlife Area. It was in
      a large tree across the road from the haylot.

      Brad Stovall
    • Richard Cimino
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 19, 2006
        Randall good question.
        Thursday afternoon 2/16/06 Ken Archambault of Berkeley called me to say a Gyrfalcon has been reported near Bodega Bay.
        He left a voice mail it was very brief, not alot of details.
        That was the last I have heard.
        Did you hear of this sighting also ?
        No one reported on line that I know of.
        Rich Cimino