Oregon Hawk-Owl Tourism

  • Steve Shunk
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2005
      CalBirders,
      Many of you have been enjoying the Northern Hawk-Owl in Bend, OR, over the
      last few days. We are thrilled to have it in the neighborhood and equally
      pleased to see smiling faces on all the visiting birders. In our ongoing
      efforts to gather data supporting birding tourism in the state, I would like
      to ask all of you a favor:

      If you travel (or have traveled) over 50 miles (one-way) to see the Northern
      Hawk-Owl in Bend, please send me the following:

      Date of visit
      Number of birders
      Miles traveled (one-way)
      Place of origin of this trip
      Approx. total $$ spent on this trip, RT from your home

      If you make multiple trips, please send the info separately as different
      visits.

      Thank you!
      Steve Shunk
      --