Common Black Hawk, 1/27/04

  • Frances Oliver
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2005
      The Common Black Hawk was seen around 110 pm today by Roy Carlson and myself
      at North Lake in Stockton, CA.. I first spotted it flying up the lake toward
      us. Then it flew to a perch in a bare tree (birch?) on the east side of the
      lake. It stayed long enough for us to get scope filled views. Then it turned
      around sat briefly again and then flew to another tree out of sight.

      Good birding,
      Frances
      Lodi, CA