?male tufted duck? oakland

  • Thomas Miko
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2005
      Hi Folks,
      I am writing from a friend's place in San Francisco. This afternoon Bill Myers and I had extensive looks at a bird that I think looks like a subadult male Tufted Duck in Lake Merrit, Oakland. I am not subscribed to the proper list for this bird (North Bay Birds?)
      I heard about a female Tufted Duck up here, but to me this bird is a male who is transitioning into adult male plumage.
      If someone could double check for me, I'd appreciate it. I didn't photograph the bird, because it was pouring buckets. Maybe tomorrow on the way home from Waldo's Dike...
      Tom

      Thomas Miko (Mikó Tamás)

      thomas.miko@...
      thomas_miko@...