New movies on Petrels.com

  • les_lieurance
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2005
      CalBirders -

      Over our long New Year's weekend, Cindy and I explored south as far
      as Bakersfield. Our website is updated with four new offerings from
      the trip. All but the loon were stakeouts.

      The first stop on December 29th, 2004 was for the Long-tailed Duck at
      O'Neill Forebay. Our vantage point was from the Medeiros Recreation
      Area picnic tables underneath the high-tension lines.

      December 30th found us in Kern River Park's Group Picnic Area (east
      past Lake Ming - the Kyles showed us this spot) to see the Yellow-
      bellied Sapsucker.

      On December 31st in Tulare County, a Pacific Loon was actively
      feeding on Lake Success above

      Porterville. Although we did not hear about it until after we saw
      the bird, it turns out that a/this Pacific Loon was seen on December
      17th, 2004.

      The Los Banos Wildlife Area is state controlled and so hunting is
      permitted on Wednesdays, Saturdays AND SUNDAYS. The hunters in
      Parking Lot D of the Gadwall Unit weren't too excited to see us on
      Sunday, January 2nd, 2005. The Vermilion Flycatcher was fortunately
      just south of the parking lot and seemed to like the spot.

      These files are in Windows Media v7 format and should play on a wide
      variety of platforms and OSs.

      http://www.petrels.com

      Les & Cindy Lieurance
      San Francisco