Caracara-Imperial County

  • Andrew Howe
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2005
      I just received a phone call from Thomas Wurster.
      This morning (1/1) at 7:50am, he and Liga Auzins had a
      CRESTED CARACARA at Finney Lake in Imperial County.
      It flew in and landed in the tamarisks just to the
      west of the campground. The bird then proceeded to
      fly due east following the north line of the lake,
      appearing to leave the area.

      Finney Lake is located northeast of Brawley,
      accessible from Titsworth Rd.

      Happy New Year!

      Andrew Howe
      Riverside, CA