Harris's Sparrow, White-throated Sparrow, Oakhurst 12-26-04

  • Bob Power
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2004
      Hi all:

      This afternoon between 3:00 and 4:00 I had a
      first-winter Harris's Sparrow and a first-winter
      White-throated Sparrow at Oakhurst Community Park.

      The park is best accessed via Civic Circle off of
      Highway 41 just n.e. of the junction betw Hwy 49 & Hwy
      41. Civic Circle is on the south side of 41. Park
      behind the library.

      The White-throated Sparrow was in the weedy area at
      the southeast corner of the bridge that leads from the
      library over to the park.

      The Harris's Sparrow was associating with a large
      group of Juncos and White-crowned sparrows in the
      southeast corner of the park along the trail closest
      to the gazebo and three covered picnic tables.

      Good birding,

      Bob Power
      Oakland, CA