RBA: Whooper Swan, Common Redpoll Klamath Basin

  • snowyowl98683
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2004
      Hi Everyone--

      Yesterday 11/26, I visited Lower Klamath NWR and Tule Lake NWR in
      Siskiyou County. I saw a WHOOPER SWAN, a smaller yellow-billed swan,
      and an interesting juvie (Whooper?) with two adult Tundras at the SE
      corner of White Lake. Dave Shuford left a log entry at Tule Lake NWR
      headquarters about a female-type COMMON REDPOLL along Hill Road just
      north of the entrance to the tour loop. I looked for it without
      success in the waning dusk, but will try again today.

      Mark Miller
      Pleasanton, CA