Swan at Silver Lakes

  • Jim Lomax
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2004
      Hello birders - my husband Jim called about the swan at Silver Lakes - he believes it to be a juvenille Mute Swan not a Tundra as reported earlier. This is based on the roundness of the head, shape of the bill, and the extensive black at the base of the bill only, with the rest of the bill being pink. This bird carries his head with the bill pointing down more suggestive of a Mute swan than an Tundra and the bird has a pointed forehead similar to a Trumpeter Swan.

      Sheree, for Jim Lomax
      Solitary Birder
      from No Particular Place

      "Well don't you know about the bird?
      Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word!
      A-well-a bird, bird, b-bird's the word"

      The Trashmen