December 4th Deepwater Pelagic Trip

  • toddamcgrath
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2004
      Birders:

      I would like to make you aware of a great opportunity Saturday
      December 4th. We will be taking the Condor Express out to deepwater
      to the Arguello Canyon area. I have never done this in December, so
      we will be exploring this seldom visited area at a relatively
      unknown time of year. Our recent LA Audubon trip (see my previous
      post) had good numbers of lingering fall migrants as well as
      arriving winter birds. We are always looking for rare birds when we
      get out to deepwater, and though none of these birds should be
      expected, we will be in the window for Mottled and Steneger's
      Petrels.

      Late fall trips are a good time to look for Laysan Albatross, and we
      will be well equipped with chum and cod liver oil to bring birds to
      the boat.

      The trip is $175 and leaves Santa Barbara at 5AM and will return
      around 9PM. Food and drinks are available on the boat, and there is
      a large cabin.

      Call the Sea Landing at 1-(888)77-WHALE to reserve a spot.

      Todd McGrath
      SKUA@...
      Marina Del Rey