Festivals - Godwit Days Apr 15-17 2005

  • Robert Hewitt
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2004
      Dear Birders,

      As I head down for the Central Valley Bird symposium this weekend in Stockton, as perhaps the last big event for the festival year I wanted to keep people updated on Spring of 2005. Godwit Days will be in its 10th year. The events which include trips, workshops and presentations is now available for a flat fee of $75 for the weekend, this includes our Keynote Speaker, Ken Able with the title;

      Finding the Way: The Amazing Machinery of Bird Navigation.
      Ken Able Professor Emeritus of University at Albany, NY

      The www.Godwitdays.com shopping cart is not activated just yet, but it will be in December. I wanted to get the dates out for people's calendars. We will also be launching the completed and published (by then) Humboldt Breeding Bird Atlas from five years work in 1995-1999. This will be the presentation by John Hunter at the Friday Reception open to all. Extra fees will apply to our bus and boat trips which includes a pelagic, otherwise you can just squeeze in as many trips and workshops as you can manage over the weekend.

      I'll leave it at that for now as I'm sure I'll have more to say, don't forget Morro Bay, SF Flyway Festival - Vallejo, and Chico Snow Goose in January, or San Diego and Salton Sea in February.

      Yours Rob

      Robert W. Hewitt
      Director, LBJ Enterprises www.birdjobs.com
      1707 E Street #5, Eureka, CA 95501

      (707) 442-0339, fax (707) 260-0632, cell (707) 845-3189
      lbjent@...

      Godwit Days Steering Committee www.godwitdays.com
      April 15-18, 2005 10th Annual, 236 species cumulative.