Monterey Seabirds trip this Sun.

  • Roger Wolfe
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2004
      The Monterey Seabirds trip this Sunday is a go. We are currently below
      the minimum we typically require but we are going anyway. There will be
      plenty of room on board for you photographers out there. Cost is $75 per
      person 831 375-4658 http://www.montereyseabirds.com

      Just to tempt you here are some rarities being seen in the area of late,
      some of which haven't made it onto the birdbox.

      Monterey County: There are currently 2 VERMILLION FLYCATCHERS at the
      infamous Moonglow Dairy. On the way in you will see a low spot under the
      powerlines with willows on the left. That is the location they are being
      seen. Directions are on Don Roberson's website
      http://www.montereybay.com/creagrus/moonglow.html

      A HARLEQUIN DUCK is being seen in the harbor, also reported this week
      were Red-necked Grebe and Ancient Murrelet.

      Santa Cruz County: A ROCK SANDPIPER is being seen on the rocks below
      West Cliff Dr. between Columbia and Woodrow Dr. in the city of Santa
      Cruz. Directions on the Santa Cruz Bird Club website
      http://www.santacruzbirdclub.org/sites.html#five

      A TUFTED DUCK has returned for the winter and can be seen in the city of
      Scotts Valley on Willow Pond. The pond is behind 269 Mount Hermon Road,
      corner of Mt. Hermon and Lockwood Lane. Exit Highway 17 at Mt. Hermon
      Rd. The gate is usually open.

      Hope you can make it,
      Roger Wolfe for Monterey Seabirds
      Monterey Bay