north hemisph winter birds

  • Thomas Miko
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2004
      Hi Folks,
      Whatever is pushing birds south this fall/winter like Evening Grosbeak, R Br Nuthatch, etc, the same thing might be going on in Europe, with Pine Grosbeaks and Bohemian Waxwings pushing far south due to berry and juniper failures. This is what I'm getting from the Hungarian email lists. M. Rosen, what are they saying on the Swedish email lists?
      Tom

      Thomas Miko (Mikó Tamás)

      thomas.miko@...
      thomas_miko@...

      653 S. Indian Hill Blvd., #C
      Claremont, CA 91711
      U.S.A.
      34.109167 N, 117.718293 W

      home: (909) 445-1456
      page: (310) 366-9990
      cell: (626) 390-1935

      FRS radio channel 11 code 22

      thomas_miko@...

      http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/birdsofhungary
    • Hank Brodkin
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2004
        Here in SE Arizona Evening Grosbeaks are showing up, at least in the lower Miller Canyon area.

        Hank Brodkin
        Carr Canyon, AZ
        hbrodkin@...
        http://members.cox.net/hbrodkin