Re: [venturacobirding] Longspurs!

  • Steve Sosensky
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2004
      This morning in the same location, in addition to these birds, two McCown's
      Longspurs and a Red-throated Pipit were present on the sod field that is
      furthest south on the west side of Arnold.

      I also received a report of another Red-throated Pipit in the cabbage field
      on Laguna Road across from the Tams.

      At 09:45 PM 2004-10-30 -0700, Lori Conrad wrote:
      >This afternoon along Arnold Rd. on the Oxnard Plain, we had 4 Lapland & at
      >least 2 Chestnut Collared Longspurs. They were on the right side of the
      >road, past the barn at the far west (?) end of the field. They were very
      >cooperative, staying near only the 2nd & 3rd pipe from the road. At one
      >point, there were 5 in scope view at once! One of the Laplands is a very
      >bright & pretty bird.

      Good birding,

      Steve Sosensky, SoCA Bird Guides www.sosensky.com/guides/
      <mailto:steve@...> for general use
      <mailto:mobile@...> rare birds and emergencies only
      Toluca Lake, CA 91602 818-508-4946 34.15645 N, 118.36715 W
      www.SoCalAudubon.org/socal/ www.SanFernandoValleyAudubon.org/sfvas/
      SoCal FRS: use channel 11 code 22