Reminder - Southern California Birding Optics Field...

  • CALBIRDS@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 16, 2004

      Southern California Birding Optics Field Days, Irvine

      Date: Saturday, October 23, 2004
      Time: 8:00AM - 4:00PM PDT (GMT-07:00)

      Did you ever wonder why your binoculars are not as good as you
      had hoped? Want to try out a new pair? Been thinking of
      purchasing a birding scope? Do you have difficulty hearing all
      the bird sounds? We invite you to attend the Southern California
      Birding Optics Field Days at the San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary
      in Irvine, Oct. 23 and 24, from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Major
      binocular and scope manufacturers from around the country - as
      well as a company which specializes in a new hearing device for
      birders - will be on hand at the sanctuary that weekend with
      examples of their product line to be tested in a field setting.
      This is a wonderful opportunity! The weekend event is free
      (except for the fee workshops) and the public is invited.
      Workshops being offered are: Field Sketching, Butterfly ID &
      Photography, Product Review, Photoshop, How to Try Out, Test &
      Fit Optics, Gull ID, Digiscoping, Photographic Composition, How
      to Set Up Your Yard for Birds, and Western Warblers. There will
      be a time to socialize Sat. evening at the Wine & Cheese
      Reception during which Steve Ingraham will read some of his
      poems. For more information, visit our chapter website at:
      <www.seaandsageaudubon.org> or call Audubon House at (949)
      261-7963.

      Nancy Kenyon
      (949) 786-3160