Common Grackle in Solano County

  • naturestoc
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2004
      Sunday morning at about 8:30am, on Tim Fitzer's Sacramento Audubon
      field trip to Pt. Reyes, We found a male Common Grackle at the rest
      area on highway 80 in Solano County that overlooks the highway 37
      exit (and Marina World or whatever it's called!). This rest area is
      just west of American Canyon road on the west side of the freeway.
      The Grackle appeared to be a typical adult male and was sort of
      associated with the Brewer's and Redwinged Blackbirds on the lawn and
      in the parking lot. The Grackle was not being tolerated by the other
      birds very well. I was able to photograph the bird (on film, not
      digital).

      Dan Brown
      Sacramento, CA