RFI: Birds we don't get in Ontario

  • Dr. Gordon Payne
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2004
      Calbirders,

      Your responses to my previous RFI's have been tremendous. Thank you.

      I am coming down on Friday (October 8) and will bird for a week, including 2 pelagic trips out of Monterey. My 12-year old son is coming with me (anything for a week off school). I have a few other target species I would like some help with. The Lane Guides are great but, in general, they tell you where you can find birds in summer OR winter and not so much in-between (ie. October). I would appreciate any information on locations for any of these birds:

      Mountain Quail

      Mountain Plover

      Vaux's Swift

      Williamson's Sapsucker

      Sage Sparrow

      Large-billed Savannah Sparrow

      Lawrence's Goldfinch

      This will be my 3rd trip to CA but my 1st totally birding trip! I can't wait!

      Gord Payne
      London, Ontario, Canada
      vireo@...