#494 species

  • Doug Aguillard
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2004
      Well I no sooner put out the newest version of the San Diego County checklist, and find out that I was missing one. Thou no fault of my own, I found out that a Manx Shearwater was apparently seen just off of Oceanside last Spring on a Pelagic boat trip, and everyone on the boat forgot to tell the local birding community, except for a few.

      I was told that the bird was accepted by the CBRC, and so we now stand at #494, and thus keep a stranglehold of being, "The County with the Most Birds Recorded in North America".

      I will (along with Kurt Radamaker) be updating the County Checklist again ASAP.

      Douglas Aguillard
      San Diego, CA
      doug@...