More on No Common Black-Hawk on 2 October 2004 (San Joaquin County)

  • Mike Feighner
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2004
      Posting this for Mark Miller of Pleasanton (Alameda County) who is not
      subscribed
      (I too was there):
      --
      Mike Feighner, Livermore, CA, Alameda County

      I (Mark Miller) stayed at Lincoln Lake in Stockton until 4:30, with no sign
      of the Common Black-Hawk. Directions in case anyone wants to look on
      Sunday: I-5 to Stockton, get off at Benjamin Holt Drive (this is north of
      the intersection with highway 4). Go west on Benjamin Holt Drive for about
      a mile (Cumberland on the left is close, Chesapeake on the left is too far).
      After the turn, look for the In-Shape Sports Club on the right. Park
      anywhere along the street, the view of the lake is to the east (opposite the
      club and a bit farther south) through the wrought iron fence. Check the
      area on either side of the large house (big lawn on the lake) as far back as
      you can see on the more southerly finger. Last winter, the lake was
      drained, exposing a large area of mud. Now the lake is full, which is a bad
      thing if you're a Common Black-Hawk looking for crayfish.

      Mark Miller
      Pleasanton, CA