Re: [CALBIRDS] VEERY and BLUE-HEADED VIREO, Point Reyes sightings for Friday 1 October 2004

  • Les Chibana
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2004
      And today, here's what I was aware of:

      My group saw 2 Tropical Kingbirds and a 3rd juvenal(?) plumaged kingbird
      at Drakes Beach. We didn't get a good look at its tail features.

      Mendoza Ranch had the continuing BLUE-HEADED VIREO, a CANADA
      WARBLER, and a Chestnut-sided Warbler. Later, we heard that the
      Tennessee
      and Blackpoll warblers were still present.

      At Nunes Ranch, we saw one each of White-throated and Clay-colored
      sparrows.
      We did not see the earlier reported WORM-EATING and PRAIRIE WARBLERS.

      At the Fish Docks, a YELLOW-BELLIED FLYCATCHER was seen and photo'd;
      another BLUE-HEADED VIREO was present (we didn't see this one) and a
      Cassin's Vireo was around for comparison; 1 or 2 Magnolia Warblers were
      in
      the area.

      Along the road to the Fish Docks the dark morph and a light morph
      Ferruginous
      Hawks were poking around the field downhill from the road.

      The lighthouse trees were very "dead".

      Whew!

      Les
      ---
      Les Chibana
      BirdNUTZ(tm) - Ornigasmic Birding
      em <les@...>
      web <http://www.birdnutz.com>
      ph 650-949-4335
      fx 650-949-4137
      snailmail: SR2 Box 335, La Honda CA 94020