Mystery bird and fantastic day counting Turkey Vultures

  • Ali
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2004
      Birders,

      Today at the Kern Valley Vulture Watch site, we saw many wonderful birds.
      One of which is a slight mystery that I think I have figured out, but would
      appreciate a look to see what others think.

      Find the bird on the photos of the vulture watch site.
      http://www.natureali.org/TV_Count_photos.html

      We counted the highest number for the migration season today, 3,200!!! It
      brings the grand total of vultures passing through the Kelso Valley count
      site to 11,685 this season. You can find the daily updates at:
      http://www.valleywild.org/TV_daily_Stats.htm

      Also seen today were 3 Golden Eagles, 1 Ferruginous Hawk, 3 Red-tailed
      Hawks, 1 Cooper's Hawk, and 1 Northern Goshawk.

      Good birding,

      Ali

      Alison Sheehey
      P.O. Box 153
      Weldon, CA
      93283

      Nature Alley - http://natureali.org
      Educating the world about Central California's unique biodiversity.