Re: [CALBIRDS] Cassin's Sparrow

  • Mark W. Eaton
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 17, 2004
      Present again this morning in the same location. Dan Singer refound the
      bird.

      Mark

      ---
      Mark W. Eaton
      mailto:mweaton@...
      http://www.markeaton.org

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 18, 2004
        Thanks to a contribution from Martin Meyers, I have been able to post
        photos of the Cassin's Sparrow taken Friday morning at Stinson Beach. You
        can see them along with my description and preliminary account of this
        interesting bird at:

        http://fog.ccsf.edu/~jmorlan/casp091704.htm

        Enjoy!

        --
        Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA 94044 jmorlan@...
        Fall Birding Classes start Sep 14 http://fog.ccsf.edu/~jmorlan/
        Message 3 of 4 , May 25, 2005
          The Cassin's Sparrow in eastern Sacramento County was present and singing
          this morning (May 25). It was in the same area as previously described and
          ranged from the area of the two gates to the large puddle of water in the
          road (where it bathed).

          The area can be reached by going east from Sacramento on Highway 16.
          Shortly after passing Rancho Murieta, turn left (north) on Michigan Bar
          Road. Follow Michigan Bar Road until it comes to a T intersecton. At the T
          intersection, turn left (onto Latrobe Road) and go 1.1 miles. Park at the
          crest of the hill near the gates. This morning the bird was seen from the
          area of the gates, west along Latrobe Road to the large puddle of water in
          the middle of the road.

          I also had a couple of Lawrence's Goldfinches along Michigan Bar Road. They
          were approximately 0.5 miles north of the single lane bridge on Michigan Bar
          Road. I have seen Lawrence's Goldfinches in this area in May in prior years
          (especially from the bridge as they come down to the river to drink).

          Jim Holmes
          Sacramento, CA