Mission Dam and Santee

  • MiriamEagl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2004
      Hi, all!

      Well, with the way the week was going I was almost afraid to go out in the
      field today, and I DID manage to kick up a few unusual things but nothing
      really earth-shattering. The most incongruous find was a RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH
      yanking away at the Mission Dam parking lot! Had LEAST BITTERNS at both
      Kumeyaay and Santee Sewer Ponds, so that was fun. Also at Santee Lakes (the park
      part) was an eclipse-plumaged BLUE-WINGED TEAL, and at the sewer ponds was a
      female REDHEAD in the far pond (closest to the office). Also had a SAGE
      SPARROW on the other side of the fence, which was the first time I've had one
      here (and the habitat looks rather bleak for a SASP, but it's dispersal time,
      after all...)

      Take care, and good birding,

      Mary Beth Stowe
      MiriamEagl@...