Beat the heat

  • Debi Shearwater
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8 11:27 PM
      Hello, Birders,
      Beat the heat, and take a boat trip. Hopefully, we will find some cooler
      weather out at sea. Our Sep 11 trip from Monterey is sold out. But, we still
      have space on the Friday, Sep 10 trip from Bodega Bay. Researchers (some of
      them Shearwater Journey's leaders) have recently reported huge masses of
      seabirds near Bodega Canyon‹up to 6,000 storm-petrels alone, including Ashy,
      Black, Wilson's (up to 40), Fork-tailed, and Least. If you would like to go,
      just show up at Port O' Bodega at 6 am. The boat, the New Sea Angler, will
      depart about 6:30 am and return about 5 pm.

      We still have space on the Sunday Albacore trip from Monterey on Sep 12.
      This trip runs from 5:30 am til 5:30 pm. Be at Chris' Fishing Shop on
      Fisherman's on Fisherman's Wharf at 5:15 am. We have only a limited number
      of spaces open on the Monday, Sep 13th trip from Monterey. This trip runs
      from 7am til 3 pm. Please call, or email me, if you are interested in
      participating.

      The September 21 trip from Crescent City has been canceled due to the
      skipper having to take time off to recover from an illness. There is space
      on the Sunday, Sep 19th trip from Fort Bragg. For county listers, not only
      will we hope to find some good Mendo County seabirds, but we will head up
      the coast to pick up some seabirds in Humboldt County as well.

      Stay cool,
      Debi