Re: Where's Chihuahua Valley?

  • MiriamEagl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2004
      In a message dated 9/8/2004 4:09:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      birdman@... writes:

      Could you tell me where Chihuahua Valley is? Thanks.

      I just had a phone call asking the same thing, so here are directions:

      Go north on state highway 79 all the way PAST Warner Springs and PAST
      Sunshine Summit. About a mile and a half past Sunshine Summit you'll come to the
      turnoff to Chihuahua Valley Road on your right. Follow this road as far as
      you can go on the pavement (the last mile makes a sharp turn to the right);
      you'll come to a gate which indicates private property, but also obviously
      allows access to the Riding and Hiking Trail. I'm assuming it's okay to park here
      (so long as you don't block the gate or anyone's drive). The redstart was
      not far down the road at all; I was still within eyeshot of the gate.

      Good luck! Take care,

      Mary Beth Stowe
      MiriamEagl@...
      San Diego, CA