Painted Redstart @ Chihuahua Valley (San Diego Co.)

  • MiriamEagl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2004
      Hi, all!

      Birded around Cow Canyon, Lost Valley, and Chihuahua Valley this morning,
      and almost didn't do the latter because I'm fighting off something, but decided
      to go ahead and bird the road starting from the far end. At the far end I
      discovered an access to the California Riding and Hiking Trail (even though it
      says "No Tresspassing", the main road is hikeable; the trail just goes
      through private property). As you walk in the gate you see a bush on the left with
      a yellow ribbon, and beyond that a grove of oaks that come right up to the
      road on the left; this is where a PAINTED REDSTART came tearing in to pishing!
      I've posted a mediocre photo on the SDBirds website.

      Have fun if you decide to go chase it!

      Mary Beth Stowe
      MiriamEagl@...
      San Diego, CA