Yellow-bellied Flycatcher

  • toddamcgrath
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2004
      Birders:

      a Yellow-bellied Flycatcher was seen today at the Wister Unit, near
      the Salton Sea in Imperial County. The bird was initially discovered
      by Michael San Miguel on Friday, but Michael did not hear the bird
      call, and was thus cautious with the ID. This morning Guy McCaskie,
      Peter Ginsberg and the Terrill family were able to confirm the bird
      and hear it call. Mike San Miguel, Curtis Marantz, and I saw and
      heard the bird this afternoon. It frequents the Large Euc along the
      nature trail and the mesquite across the street. It took us 2+ hours
      to see it, so be patient if you go, and be prepared for heat.

      Todd McGrath
      SKUA@...
      Marina Del Rey
    • John Sterling
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 15, 2012
        Todd Easterla just called me that he just found and photographed a Yellow-bellied Flycatcher at Huntington Central Park at the NW corner again Golden West Blvd in the alders that line the small creek by a manhole that has a large white marker near it.....by a small marsh just north of a parking lot.

        John Sterling

        26 Palm Ave
        Woodland, CA 95695
        530 908-3836
        jsterling@...

        www.sterlingbirds.com (photos, classes, tours, county birding)
      • Nick & Mary Freeman
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 15, 2012
          Hi Birders

          Huntington Central Park is located in Orange County, Huntington Park.
          The major cross streets are Golden West and Slater. Just in case you
          wanted to see this bird and weren't familiar with the area if you
          weren't from this part of town.

          Mary Freeman
          Glendale, CA

          On Oct 15, 2012, at 2:55 PM, John Sterling wrote:

          > Todd Easterla just called me that he just found and photographed a
          > Yellow-bellied Flycatcher at Huntington Central Park at the NW
          > corner again Golden West Blvd in the alders that line the small
          > creek by a manhole that has a large white marker near it.....by a
          > small marsh just north of a parking lot.
          >
          > John Sterling

        • Nick & Mary Freeman
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 15, 2012
            Hi again

            And make that Huntington Beach in Orange County!

            Yesterday morning, 10/14/12, TENNESSEE WARBLER, WARBLING VIREO, and a
            BULLOCK'S ORIOLEwere seen yesterday morning near the pond. A RED-
            BREASTED NUTHATCH was in the parking lot on the Arco gas station side.

            Mary Freeman
            Glendale, CA