Re: [CALBIRDS] Re: OH, THAT PLOVER

  • MiriamEagl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4, 2004
      Hi, all!

      I concur with Jim that the bill looks way too long for a Lesser Sand Plover;
      just for grins, I scanned and downloaded to the Calbirds photo gallery
      (under Shorebirds) a couple of photos (not the greatest) taken in Cairns,
      Australia, of both Lesser and Greater Sand Plovers, to show the difference in the
      bills. I'm not advocating another Greater Sand Plover necessarily, but I did
      want to draw attention to the bill.

      Take care,

      Mary Beth Stowe
      MiriamEagl@...