Email groups map

  • Steve Holzman
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 15, 2001
      Here's the link for the clickable map of California Email Groups.

      http://www.geocities.com/steve_holzman/birding/emailmap.htm

      Steve Holzman
      Sacramento,CA

      --- Scott Spencer <stspencer@...> wrote:
      > It was pointed out to me by one of the CALBIRDS originators that
      > ALL
      > of the many California regional birding lists hosted by
      Stuff deleted

      =====
      If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is, "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is, "Probably because of something you did." Jack Handy (SNL)

      Steve Holzman, Sacramento - CA

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • Mike Feighner
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 15, 2001
        Steve and CALBIRDERS:

        Note that there are two additional list serves not shown by http://www.geocities.com/steve_holzman/birding/emailmap.htm :

        People need to start posting to CALBIRD in addition to the local list serve, for example great recent findings at Salton Sea. Otherwise, we'll all have to fall back to subscribing to all the 25 non-CALBIRD list serves as I
        have opted if we want to find out what is going on in the state.
        --
        Mike Feighner, Livermore, CA, Alameda County

        Steve Holzman wrote:

        > Here's the link for the clickable map of California Email Groups.
        >
        > http://www.geocities.com/steve_holzman/birding/emailmap.htm
        >
        > Steve Holzman
        > Sacramento,CA
        >
        > --- Scott Spencer <stspencer@...> wrote:
        > > It was pointed out to me by one of the CALBIRDS originators that
        > > ALL
        > > of the many California regional birding lists hosted by
        > Stuff deleted
        >
        > =====
        > If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is, "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is, "Probably because of something you did." Jack Handy (SNL)
        >
        > Steve Holzman, Sacramento - CA

        > For vacation suspension of mail go to the website. Click on Edit My Membership and set your mail option to No Email.

      • Steve Sosensky
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 15, 2001
          At 02:03 PM 2001-07-15 -0700, Mike Feighner wrote:
          >People need to start posting to CALBIRD in addition to the local list
          >serve, for example great recent findings at Salton Sea. Otherwise, we'll
          >all have to fall back to subscribing to all the 25 non-CALBIRD list serves
          >as I have opted if we want to find out what is going on in the state.

          Actually, please do NOT post to Calbird, but to Calbirds. Let's try to keep
          all the Califorina postings on one list.

          Good birding,
          Steve <mailto:steve@...>, <mailto:mobile@...>

          10834 Blix Street #213 818-508-4946
          Toluca Lake, CA 91602 34*09'02" N, 118*22'47" W
          SoCal FRS: use channel 11 code 22
        • Mike Feighner
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 15, 2001
            Steve and CALBIRDers (or CALBIRDSers?):

            Sorry about the confusion. I am not yet used to the name change. In no way have I posted anything to the old CALBIRD
            nor do I intend to in the future. Note that I have corrected the nomenclature in the text below. I still think it's
            going to take a lot of prodding to get people to start posting to CALBIRDS.

            Also, please note rather than doing a reply to all, as a courtesy, I substituted Steve's address with the CALBIRDS
            address and addressed the e-mail accordingly. Steve Sosensky, like me, receives a lot of e-mail, doesn't need a
            duplicate copy of the same e-mail since he too is a CALBIRDS recipient.