RFI: Avostilts at Palo Alto Baylands

  • Gjon Hazard
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 19 8:37 AM
      Calbirders,

      Please see the post below. And feel free to forward to any local lists.

      Cheers,
      -Gj

      =================
      Gjon C. Hazard
      gjon_hazard@...
      Encinitas, California
      ========V========

      ----Original Message Follows----

      Hi, Gjon. Could you post this to CalBirds? Thanks! --TF

      Hello, California birders.

      I'm not currently subscribed to CalBirds, so I'm asking Gjon
      Hazard to post this request for me.

      The request: I am looking for information on the American
      Avocet x Black-necked Stilt ("avostilt") hybrids that have
      been observed in or near the Palo Alto Baylands, Santa
      Clara County.

      In particular, I am looking for:

      * photos (low-resolution .jpg scans are best) of the
      birds

      * any information on their *current* (i.e., August 2004)
      whereabouts

      * observations on their behavior, viability, and status

      Thanks! Please reply directly to me <tedfloyd@...>,
      not to Gjon. Or you can reply to the list (I check it
      regularly via Jack Siler's web site) if you prefer to do
      so.

      ----------------------------

      Ted Floyd

      Editor,
      Birding

      American Birding Association
      P.O. Box 7974
      Boulder, Colorado 80306-7974

      303-444-6365
      tedfloyd@...

      Please visit the website of the
      American Birding Association:
      http://www.americanbirding.org

    • Luke Cole
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 19 8:58 AM
        Ted, Gjon et al.:

        I have a nice photo by David Cardinal of an Avostilt in the south San
        Francisco baylands from last summer at
        http://www.lukecole.com/Birds/AVxST.htm.

        Luke Cole
        San Francisco