WESTERN FIELD ORNITHOLOGISTS MEETING Sept 9-12 Ashland.

  • Robert Hewitt
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 3:15 AM
      Dear Birders,

      This September, the weekend after labor Day the Western Field Ornithologists meet in Ashland. We will be joined by Oregon Field Ornithologists, the Western Bird Banding Association and hosted by the Klamath Bird Observatory. September 9-12th. Main session Friday and Saturday. Visit http://www.wfo-cbrc.org/confer.html

      These are my favorite meetings, in fact I include it on my annual bird festival circuit! Why?

      Because of the:
      i) Atmosphere and the people
      ii) We always bird until lunch each day of the conference
      iii) Many of the presentations have a real birding aspect
      iv) As a serious amateur ornithologist this is the place for us; great leaders, great times and usually with the talent arranged our favorite......great birds.

      So with that strong plug I need to pull on your loyalties. I stepped in to help organize this event saying that True "nor-cal" needs to be represented. We chose Ashland as we also must outreach to Oregon and the rest of the west in "Western." So..... this is much closer than Orange County, Silver City or Alaska -please think about joining us.

      Meeting registration is $22 per day for members; $25 per day for non members. This is waived for anybody who wants to help lead a trip and I will be asking the local pros soon.

      Yours Rob Hewitt

      Robert W. Hewitt
      Director, LBJ Enterprises www.birdjobs.com
      1707 E Street #5, Eureka, CA 95501

      (707) 442-0339, fax (707) 260-0632, cell (707) 845-3189
      lbjent@...

      Godwit Days Steering Committee www.godwitdays.com
      April 15-18, 2005 10th Annual, 236 species cumulative.
      Keynote: Dr. John Fitzpatrick the Director of the
      Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology