Re: [CALBIRDS] Help with a vireo ID

  • Les Chibana
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 27, 2004
      I saw and heard Plumbeous Vireo (different song pitch and pattern) at
      the
      southern end of the Sierra Nevada Range at the Chimney Creek Campground
      (about 5,000 to 6,000 ft.) in southeastern Tulare Co. on 7/25/04. I
      think Cassin's
      V. also occur here. This is at the edge of the Great Basin in conifer
      forest next
      to high desert scrub. Sibley's range maps show this area as the "edge"
      of range
      for Plumbeous.

      Also, we refound the Grace's Warbler that was last reported on 6/29/04.
      It was
      foraging with the Plumbeous Vireo just uphill behind the camp host site.

      Les
      ---
      Les Chibana
      BirdNUTZ(tm) - Ornigasmic Birding
      em <les@...>
      web <http://www.birdnutz.com>
      ph 650-949-4335
      fx 650-949-4137
      snailmail: SR2 Box 335, La Honda CA 94020