Upcoming seabird trips in Aug.

  • Roger Wolfe
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26 4:43 PM
      Geetings Calbirders,

      As the window for vagrant seabirds opens on the west coast of North
      America there are still spaces available for the both of Monterey
      Seabird's August trips. On the 8th we will concentrate on the Monterey
      Sea Canyon. With a little luck we should see BLACK-FOOTED ALBATROSS,
      PINK, SOOTY, BULLER'S and FLESH-FOOTED SHEARWATERS, CASSIN'S and
      RHINOCEROS AUKLET and SABINE'S GULL. Cost is $75 per person.

      On the 22nd we will venture offshore to the blue water of the Albacore grounds. This is a 12 hour trip 5:30 am to 5:30 pm. In addition to the birds mentioned above we should see all 3 species of JAEGERS, SOUTH POLAR SKUA, ARCTIC TERNS and will have a good chance at both CRAVERI'S and XANTUS' MURRELET and both ASHY and BLACK STORM-PETRELS. Cost is $115 per person.

      Don Roberson, author of Monterey Birds, Dan Singer, Les Chibana and
      veteran seabird skipper Richard Ternullo will be leading.

      For an overview of the Monterey Bay, it's birds and marine mammals go to
      Don's webpage http://montereybay.com/creagrus/MtyBay.html

      If you come on 3 trips the 4th is free. More trips on Sept. 5 and 19 and Oct 3.

      Details, trip reports and online registration are at
      http://www.montereyseabirds.com or call 831-375-4658

      Hope you can make it,
      Roger Wolfe
      Soquel, California