Possible Tropicbird in Orange County's Bolsa Chica Preserve

  • wagtail1997
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2004
      Yesterday (Wed 7/21) Al Borodayko and Steve Smith were at the wooden
      bridge at Bolsa Chica Preserve in Huntington Beach when they spotted a
      bird with "an all yellow bill (no spots) and sported a small black
      spot behind the eye"......

      Steve took a quick picture of the bird..and posted it for comments on
      the OrangeCountyBirding Site.

      Jim Pike and Doug Willick have looked at the image, and it is being
      circulated among other birders as well....but the initial impression
      is that it is a Tropicbird...perhaps a Red-billed. If so this would
      be a pretty spectacular record.

      I've posted on our auxillary site the photo...hope Steve doesn't mind
      my publicizing his photo.

      See:
      http://members.cox.net/orcorba/

      Joel Weintraub