Andrew Molera Parula update

  • migratoriusfwlr@cs.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2004
      Hey birders,
      I have sad news. Yesterday and today, while monitoring the parula nest,I didn't detect any activity from the male or female. I will check it out again tommorow but it seems as though this nest will be deemed unsuccessful.)': At least it was found, I guess. Is there good news, though? Yes. Both the female and male Rose-breasted Grosbeaks have been seen the past couple of days; they're still gorging on the abundant elderberries on the trail opposite of the Eucalyptus grove. The pair of Hooded Warblers is still present with the male still singing everyday. The other Hooded Warbler, which I found this past Saturday, is still present. This bird is south of one of our (Big Sur Ornithology Lab) mist net complexes. Take the river trail past the open field and where the trail runs east the bird has been singing in the oaks. I still haven't seen it; nor have I put much time into trying. Maybe we'll be able to document nesting with the Hooded Warblers (congrats Santa Barbara Co.on their finding one)?..... From the sad and happy end of things....

      Rob Fowler
      Big Sur Ornithology Lab