Long-Billed Murrelettes, Bar-Tailed Godwit in Sonoma Co.

  • epiceveryday@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7 12:58 PM
      Greetings Cal birders.

      Today while running Marbled Murrelette transects out of Bodega Bay, we got stupendous looks at two adult LONG-BILLED MURRELETTES right next to the boat. I unfortunately did not have my camera, but Micheal Donnellan got some pictures of them. They were about 300m from the south end of Salmon Creek beach, just north of where Bodega Head meets the beach, They were just sitting on the water, and may be visible from land by scope. On another note, The Marbled Godwit population in Bodega Bay doubled last night, making trying to refind the BAR-TAILED GODWIT I found there yesterday tough work, but I am about to head out to try that some more right now. Good luck

      Ryan Terrill
      Santa Cruz Ca;
      Newport, Or