Interesting Bird Interaction

  • Eddie Chapman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2004
      Hello Ruth and list members,
      Good description of bird behaviour. It is natural for most species to attack
      birds of prey, though my experience is that some don't bother. Maybe there
      was some interaction between the tern and the eagle before you made your
      observation. On the other hand, maybe the tern was just getting in some
      practice on how to handle a bird of prey. The tern would know that the eagle
      wouldn't have a chance of catching it in flight and as Golden Eagles use
      different hunting strategies it would know it wasn't worth trying.

      All the best,
      Eddie Chapman, Voss. Norway.
      http://www.birdwatching-in-norway.com
      Personal Guiding; Scheduled and Custom Birding Tours -
      Photo Album: latest picture of Eurasian Dotterel.