Eastern Kingbird in Alpine County

  • Jim Lomax
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2004
      Birderdudes:

      Last night I sent out an email about this bird to Sierra Nevada Birds so that others might have a chance to see it but the email doesn't seem to have gone through.

      Basically, there was an Eastern Kingbird in Alpine County at the sewer ponds near the Indian Reservation off Diamond Valley Road around 9 AM on June 26th. The Kingbird was perched on the chain link fence surrounding the western pond and flew southeast to a sage plant from which it was "flycatching" just across the dirt road from the south end of the eastern ponds. I don't think there are many records for this species in Alpine.

      Jim Lomax
      Solitary Birder
      from No Particular Place