Re: [CALBIRDS] New CBC musings

  • Chris Conard
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2004
      Hi folks,

      I'm not sure of any rule on this, but, for example, the Sacramento CBC and
      the Rio Cosumnes CBC come within about five miles of each other. My only
      concern would be that there needs to be ample volunteer support for a new
      CBC. Tim Manolis pointed this out last year when it came up on CV Birds.
      Some of the long-running CBCs are currently under supported. There are a
      few coveted weekend dates and it is sometimes hard to get people to commit
      to a new count, one on a weekday, or one away from a major population
      center. Just something to keep in mind.

      Best,

      Chris Conard
      Sacramento