Re: [MBB] Molera's On Fire!!

  • scre@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2004
      Wow it really is even without Molera man Rob Fowler being present. This
      morning Ryan Terrill and I headed down for some birding after doing a survey this
      morning at UCSC. After arriving and walking over to where the MOURNING
      WARBLER was I immedietly heard it calling and then it poped up for great views for
      Ryan and myself. The bird was also singing and was later seen by others. It
      was present in the same spot as yesterday where the old trail diverges from the
      new trail between the Parking lot and campground. Other vagrants incuded 3
      singing BLACK-AND WHITE WARBLERS between the BSOL Lab and the hill on the way
      to the campground. A female/SY male AMERICAN REDSTART just below the BSOL
      bridge where Ryan also had a HOODED WARBLER probably the one banded yesterday. A
      singing ASY NORTHERN PARULA was on the hill between the parking lot and the
      campground. There was also a female ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAK here as well.
      Another GROSBEAK was in the campground. Down at the gravel bar we had at least 10
      PINE SISKINS coming in to drink. There was also quite an egret show here as
      well with 2 Great Blue Herons, a Great Egret, a Snowy Egret, and 3 Green
      Herons. Also in this area we heard an interested warbler giving two different songs
      one of which sounded like a Tennessee Warbler but we could never find it in
      the tops of the trees. Good Birding

      David Vander Pluym
      UCSC